Saturday 12 December 2009

Christmas is coming, that means time to grind!


Hey!

After two of the most stressful weeks of my life, I can finally put my feet up in my nice clean room and enjoy some of the peace and quiet that comes with going home in the holidays.

The last month or so in general has in fact been manic. With being a final year at university, the work rate has increased dramatically from the previous two years resulting me getting on average 2-6 hours sleep a night and sleeping at the most random of times. I swear I must be permanently jet-lagged at the moment due to the strains I've put on my body clock. Looking in the mirror, I do feel worn out. Not looking too healthy or fit.

I guess that can all be attributed to excessive takeaways, all-nighters every night, work-related stress, binge drinking to the max, smoking wayyyy too much and to sustain this lifestyle; large quantities of caffeine in various forms.

So, the plan now is detox. I'm back home, I can get in a good sleeping pattern, get good volume in poker-wise, start eating properly again and working out. I'm at home just over a month, so it will be interesting to see if I can stick to this before the onslaught of my last semester at uni will recommence in January. Which will be messy. Guaranteed :).

On the one hand, I am by far having the most fun I think I've ever had at uni, but on the other hand, I don't think this lifestyle is sustainable unless I plan on an early death lol.

So over the course of the next month, I plan on:

-Regular sleep times
-Eating healthy again with lots of vegetables and no takeaways
-Cut down on drinking
-No smoking at home of any form
-Gym pretty much every day
-Try to run in the mornings when I wake up (unless it's raining - yup I'm a wimp)
-Try to study pretty much everyday to prepare myself for my January exams

I'll probably try to follow a day-plan similar to this:

10:00am: go for a run
11:00am-2:00pm: start work
2:00pm-3:00pm: break for an hour
3:00pm-5:00pm: work
5:00pm-7:00pm: Gym
8:00pm-11:00pm: register tournaments online
2:00am: sleep

This will obviously be disrupted quite a bit due to social outings, family get-togethers etc., but on your typical holiday-day, I will try to follow this outline to lead me back towards a healthy lifestyle. To be honest it would be naive if I was going to think I could go cold-turkey on say the drinking etc. at this time of year, but a bit of moderation will get me far I'm sure :)

I'll also be putting in a ton more volume that I have been as of late, so expect more regular blog updates!

Merry xmas all!

No comments:

Post a Comment