Sunday 21 November 2010

Moving up with a few binks!

Hey!

Good news to report. The long grinding is starting to pay off quite well and I'm happy to report I'm moving up the stakes playing up to $50 turbos, and taking some shots at $20 rebuys now as well as everything under-the-sun beneath that.

I had a pretty sick little run tonight in the $5r /$8k gtd on iPoker. The previous night I ft bubbled it pretty harshly on a 70/30 so was pretty gutted, but I came back for revenge tonight and this time I ran a lot better!

 I also managed to win the late $55 freezeout on OnGame too earlier this week for another nice little score!

So things are going very well on the poker front at the moment and I'm loving it!

Unfortunately, I'm not running quite as good on the US sites though. I came 12th out of about 7000 runners last week in the big $55/$300k gtd for $1.4k. I lost AK to AQ for second in chips. It kind of hurt considering first was $42k and change which would have crushed my previous roll and given me a lot more financial freedom. Ahh well, hopefully I'll be given another chance one day to win such ridiculous sums...Lucky to get that deep I suppose!

I also didn't do so well in the FTOPs cashing in 0/5 that I played. I sold a fair bit of action in this though so it wasn't too detrimental to the roll. Still kinda annoying as I pretty much bubbled two getting it in ahead.

Loldonkaments right ;)

Onto the next tournament series though! Coming up is the UKCOOP in a couple of weeks time. I'm planning on playing:


#03 6th Dec: $415 2xchance turbo
#04 7th Dec: $320
#07 10th Dec: $320 6m
#09 11th Dec: $615 1r1a
#11 12th Dec: $530 main event

total = $2200

My plan was between tonight and Wednesday night to take out all of my profits from the 5 days and sell action based on how I've performed financially in the past few days. But after tonights bink I'm tempted to withdraw the win and have 100% of myself. I think I'll sell about 25% of the action just to reduce variance though. I'd hate to play with scared money and not play the bubble well and stuff...

As far as the series is concerned. I am a little surprised that the buyins are so high for the UK. There aren't THAT many high-stake UK players and the guarantees are quite high. I expect there will be a lot of satelitte qualifiers but I'm really not sure how soft or tough the fields will be. I know for a fact there is a core of VERY strong UK grinders out there and some good online cash players from England. Who knows, we'll see I'm sure!

On the live-front. I've not played much live lately. I played a £200 fo and a £100 fo at DTD a couple of weeks ago with no success. I won a Betfair Live package to Vienna next weekend though. It's a €250/€100k gtd tournament. It's not a huge buyin but should be pretty fun and I'm looking forward to meeting up with one of my old uni mates who goes to Uni doing his masters there at the moment. If anything it will be a nice holiday from the online grind.

Until next time guys! Run good!

1 comment:

  1. nice results fish. you still selling some % coz i might buy a piece of your ass

    ReplyDelete